NATIVE HAVENS LLC
Landscape and Garden Services with Horticultural Expertise
We're seeking a laborer who's interested in getting serious about horticulture!
- Assist with planting installations and garden maintenance (e.g. pruning, weeding, mulching, plant removal/demo, cleaning gardens, etc.)
- Position is manual labor, but employee is expected to learn to identify weeds & native plants, and follow company techniques/procedures.
- Job runs from early March to December (off January/February)
- Work will be primarily in Shepherdstown, WV (as well as surrounding area within approx. 50 mi radius)
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Must be able to pass reference and background check
- 30 day trial period (to assess proficiency on job sites, etc.) at "starter wage"
Ideal Candidate will:
- Be hard working with good work ethic (i.e. self-motivated/self-starter)
- Have good communication skills and ability to take specific direction from owner, production manager, and foreman
- Demonstrate genuine interest in Ornamental Horticulture and have the ability/motivation to learn and identify garden plants/weeds
- Have valid driver's license and own vehicle
- Have the ability and motivation to perform very hard physical labor such as: digging, mulching, planting, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, pushing wheelbarrow up hills, etc. (even in very hot/humid, or cold weather).
- Have the ability to lift and/or move 80 lbs. (or more) often, and kneel/squat/bend, etc. repeatedly and for extended periods (even in very hot/humid or cold weather)
- Enjoy learning about plants and working outdoors in all weather conditions
Knowledge/Experience in the following a plus: Stonework, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Pruning, Gardening, Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Installation, Foreman, Botany, Ecological Landscaping, Ecology (or related Biological Field), Landscape Sales, Manual Labor
**If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reply through our "contact us" page. We'll get back to you within a few days and request that you have ready:
2. Cover Letter
3. References (three)